MIDDLEBURY, Ind. -- EverGreen Recreational Vehicles today announced its E2 (Economical and Eco-friendly) Initiative with the introduction of exclusive product enhancements across its full line of all composite travel trailers and fifth wheels.
The EverGreen E2 Initiative furthers the company's commitment to eco-friendly innovation, while providing cost saving product features making its Ever-Lite brand more affordable to own and operate. The new industry leading green enhancements on the 2011 Ever-Lite campers save owners money and are good for the environment.
Doug Lantz, president of EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC, explains how green is also economical. "Our new E2 Initiative at EverGreen illustrates how being greener can also be leaner. From our ComposiTek construction process that produces a 20 percent lighter, more fuel efficient trailer that will last a lifetime, to our new bead balanced, nitrogen filled tires that will last longer, vibrate less and track straighter resulting in long term fuel and maintenance costs savings," said Lantz. "The ongoing EverGreen E2 Initiative doubles our commitment to provide our customers with the most eco-friendly, best value in the industry."
Ever-Lite Built to Last a Lifetime, Yet Eco-Friendly
Here are just some of the items EverGreen Recreation Vehicles has included in its E2 Initiative:
- ComposiTek construction makes Ever-Lite trailers 20 percent or 1,000 to 1,200 pounds lighter than conventionally built RVs-with no reduction in essential equipment and luxury. By EverGreen eliminating wood in the outside walls, roof and floor, ComposiTek Construction is impervious to water to never rot, mold or mildew. ComposiTek is three to four times stronger than wood to be far more durable, flex less and last longer.
- Eco-friendly composites replace wood -- By using ComposiTek construction, EverGreen eliminates 50 sheets of lauan from each trailer it builds. Lauan is a hardwood veneer made from old growth tropical rain forests. Composites make Ever-Lite campers lightweight so they can be towed by smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles. ComposiTek materials are fully recyclable. ComposiTek has no out gassing of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as formaldehyde making the air inside an Ever-Lite healthier for families.
Here are some economical and eco-friendly enhancements EverGreen Recreational Vehicles has planned for 2011:
- Eco-Batt Insulation -- Used only in the front cap area of every Ever-Lite, Eco-Batt is a sustainable and environmentally responsible insulation. Eco-Batt combines one of the earths most abundant and renewable resources, sand, with a minimum of 35 percent post-consumer recycled glass. It contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors used in traditional fiberglass insulation.
- Nitrogen-inflated tires -- Every EverGreen Ever-Lite trailer is equipped with nitrogen-filled tires. Nitrogen-inflated tires last longer, reduce tire failures and increase tread life by 25 to 30 percent. Nitrogen-inflated tires keep air pressure at optimum levels longer which improves fuel efficiency and safety.
- Bead balanced tires -- The benefits of self-balancing tires are a smoother ride, better mileage and less maintenance. EverGreen offers the latest in bead balancing using super micro-beads inside the tires. The beads automatically flow to correct the balance in the tire at all times. The beads do not wear out and need no maintenance.
- LED exterior lighting -- Standard equipment on every Ever-Lite, LED exterior lighting is brighter to improve safety, longer lasting, maintenance free and uses a fraction of the energy.
- Beauflor durable flooring -- The padded Beauflor in an Ever-Lite is as durable as it is comfortable. Beauflor brand padded vinyl flooring will not permanently indent, rip, tear or gouge. It is colorfast to never permanently stain, discolor or fade. A favorite with EverGreen owners in Canada, Beauflor can handle extreme temperature highs and lows without cracking.
- Eco-friendly recycled mattresses -- Ever-Lite campers are equipped with queen- sized, pillow-top mattresses made from recycled plastic bottles. Campers enjoy a comfortable mattress and rest easier keeping plastic bottles out of landfills.
EverGreen Recreational Vehicles is also the only Emerald Green Certified manufacturer of travel trailers and fifth wheels.